Wednesday, May 13, 2020

STS Lord Nelson leaving harbour..



One of the big projects I've been doing while unable to get out and about as much as normal is clear out and delete unusable photos from my files, so far over 6000 deleted.. I feel like I have lost weight 😉 Like most of us I can't go past a tall mast ship so when I came across these shots of the splendid STS Lord Nelson leaving Fremantle Harbour back in 2013 I couldn't resist another showing. As these shots were taken seven years ago I was curious to see what the Lord Nelson has been up to since and discovered that this old beauty was decommissioned in October last year and is awaiting a new home. You can read about it here. As much as I love to see the tall mast ships, I would not like to head out into the big blue on one.. far too flimsy, explorers of old were 100% braver than I :) Happy Wednesday, take care and stay safe..


24 comments:

  1. ...wow, what a beautiful sight. Yep, I'm dumping the junk too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful ship, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Grace. Those ships are spectacular.
    Imagine an entire harbor filled with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great pics, Grace! It looks like it was a perfect day.
    I try to keep editing things a lot as I go along so don't have an enormous archives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful ship! You take beautiful pictures, Grace!
    This year the 10th edition of Sail Amsterdam should have taken place, but unfortunately because of the coronavirus is canceled!
    Happy Wednesday! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing view Grace! I can have this on a giant frame on our living room and the visitors will surely engage in such a conversation piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos. It is sad that this proud ship is now decommissioned. Perhaps it will find a new sponsor and return to the sea where she belongs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos, thanks for sharing. I'd love to take a tour of one of these ships as along as it stayed tied to shore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Schöne Bilder von dem schönen Schiff.

    Gruß
    Noke

    ReplyDelete
  10. She’s a beauty. Hope she finds a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The ship is beautiful. I always like seeing ships like these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's an impressive sight. While I don't really have a fear of being on the water, I too would find it a bit light weight for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What A Beautiful Autumn Scene - Way Cool

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny, I did the same, too, Grace, deleting pics, not just THAT much!
    I agree, I´d never ever get out and about on such a boat, or any on the real ocean. I´m a whimp.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those tallships are always a pleasure to see. Especially when they are in their environment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look so beautiful and fragile as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's sad that the ship has been decommissioned.
    That's quite a lot of photo junk Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful ship.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful ship, I think so, too. ;)
    STS Lord Nelson, forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes always something so inspiring about them

    ReplyDelete