Sunday, July 3, 2011

Big kids chasing waves.....!!


On Saturday morning I met my sisters and nieces at The Trigg Island Cafe (Trigg Island Cafe) for breakfast. I went along early to see if there was anything interesting going on at  the beach.  It always amazes me that no matter how wild, wet and windy it is, there are always surfers, kayakers and joggers out there willing to battle the elements!! These three mates, struggled down against the stiff breeze trying to blow them back, made it to the edge and somehow managed to get themselves out beyond the surf.....Meanwhile these weary surfers who had been out since sunrise were trudging back across the sand to rinse off their wetsuits and probably tuck into a huge breakfast, as did I, but without  all the effort beforehand.....!!  

21 comments:

  1. Guess it can only make you stronger, 'fighting' with this element; even though i might be too afraid to.
    Please have a good Sunday you all.

    daily athens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter doesn't look too bad there! We can certainly jog in winter here but surfing - no way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the film Big Wednesday, one of our favorite. We like surf, even if we are not able to practice

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be great to see that...
    Enjoy your day !

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  5. tiring just seeing them?!! :)

    lovely images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've gotta admire their determination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like they had a grand time out their fighting the waves! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very familiar scenes wonderfully shot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some of us struggle to grow up. I guess that's a good thing. I'm in Hood River, Oregon and I'm seeing the same.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors in the top one but the composition of the last one is just perfect!
    V

    ReplyDelete
  11. The soft morning lighting mixed with the sand and that gorgeous shade of aqua was just calling to your camera... lovely, mon amie!

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know some guys here that would enjoy these waves...

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is very hot here and I'd love to be in their place. Cool shots in every sense of the word! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never engages in this sport, I admire the courage to go into such waves. Finally, with us or not such. Only ponds, dams. Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pics Grace - I'd be content from watch from Tigg's cafe - hot chocolate in hand of course.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If some one desires to be updated with most recent technologies therefore he must be go to see this
    web site and be up to date every day.
    My web page :: insomnia cures for children

    ReplyDelete