Thursday, June 16, 2011

Art and veg.....!!

A while back Jack did a post about community gardens and it made me think of the Art Gallery. You might wonder why that thought association occurred,  it's because it reminded me that the last time I went to the Art Gallery (you can just see the corner there to the left)  the community garden at the side was busy and flourishing and that I didn't make time to take photo's. I went along this time thinking I'd take pictures of both, but it turns out the Art Gallery is having restoration work done and unlike in Paris the scaffolding is not made to look attractive in any way, just plain old uninspiring scaffolding...so, I might come back for that picture. To cut a long rambling story short, this is our community garden (there are probably others),the raised beds are planted with all sorts of vegetables, herbs and fruit trees, and  because it's up a level from the city, the view is pretty good. Shame about the graffiti on the sculpture. Oh and one last thing, I noticed mon amie Marie seems to have an extremely long pointy finger....just saying!!

19 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely place. Can never have enough green spaces in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Robert Juniper sculpture seems to get a lot of graffiti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful green space and so nicely trimmed and kept. The blue skies are a wonderful contrast to the green

    Bises,
    Genie

    (I could not comment for several days on the "column type" of comments like this but problem now solved)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue sky and green land .very beautiful thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colors...
    Have a nice day,

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  6. After all these community gardens or allotments as they are called in England (Saltaire, Hartford, Kansas City lately and now you) I want to garden. :-)

    Re. your question on VDP: no it hasn't changed except for the pots and plants which are only there for the exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely public garden, quite rare to find here. That kind of 'sculpture' is not really my kind of art, even the graffiti are wasted on it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Community gardens are such a great idea - pity about the grafitti Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful composition from the left upper corner to the lady's finger and the rich tone of the overall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha. it's fun to see a work in progress, whether gardens or buildings or pointy fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello!My first visit, will visit you again.Enjoyed the post, interesting photos.Keep up the fantastic work! Thanks for sharing!If you wish to follow back that would be great I'm at http://nelsonsouzza.blogspot.com Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many details and colours, great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha on the long, pointy finger :) I'd point too at grass that green and a sky that blue!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am flattered to come across your mention of my recent community garden post. But what really catches my attention is that outrageously long finger. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice place it must be to spend time. Thank you for this escape.

    Please have a good Friday.

    daily athens

    ReplyDelete